SMHC may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 January 2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• your name and address and those of your next of kin
• your/next of kin contact information including home and work telephone number and email address
• information on your skills, preferences and interests
• other information that may facilitate and enhance club activities and the benefits of club membership
What we do with the information we gather
We need this information to provide club activities and events and understand how these can be tailored to meet the interests of members or attract new members.
It is needed in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• Organising weekends, day walks and other activities and events.
• Keeping you informed of club activities and sending you other information that may be of interest to you as a member of a walking club.
• Insuring club activities.
• Finding out what interests you and what skills you have so that we can improve the range of activities the club offers.
Controlling your personal information
We will not give your personal information to third parties except:
• to the Insurer to ensure club activities are insured; or
• where providing it (eg to prospective members) helps in organising or administering club activities; or
• where providing it assists your health or safety; or
• where we have your permission; or
• where we are required by law to do so.
The newsletter we send you and occasionally emails may contain information about goods and services provided by third parties or activities organised by other members which we think you may find interesting. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us and we will be in touch.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.